The Sparks Gallery is currently accepting submissions only from artists residing in the Greater San Diego Area. Please do not mail or bring any hard copies of submissions – use this form only.
The following criteria will be weighed for each submission to the Gallery. The artwork:
- Shows talent or skill in execution / craftsmanship
- Conveys a message or story and/or elicits an emotion with depth and purpose.
- Illustrative and moving, but not disturbing imagery
- The artist’s portfolio supports a common theme or message that defines the artist’s style
- Work is marketable or has commercial potential (previous sales and references will be taken into consideration)
- Processes and materials used to make the piece are of high quality and exemplify a professional piece of work
- Demonstrates a modern twist on traditional artwork (forward thinking and potential for fitting into current interior design trends)
- The retail cost of the artwork accurately reflects the skill level, reputation of the artist, and material cost used to make the piece