Celebrating Holistic Design Weekend 2024 at Sparks Gallery
In collaboration with the Design Coven, join us for an inspiring weekend of interior design centered activities as part of the official World Design Capital San Diego/Tijuana 2024 schedule of events.
- Sparks Gallery, 530 Sixth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
- Parking – Metered Street Parking and Park It on Market parking structure nearby. We recommend SpotHero.com to book ahead.
February 9, 2024
- 10am – 6pm Open House: The gallery will be open to the public to view the current art exhibition and design vignettes
- 6 – 8pm Art Meets Design Mixer: An evening of engaging conversations, potential collaborations, and a celebration of creativity that transcends borders. With Artists, Designers and art/design lovers. Refreshments and charcuterie will be served. This event is free, RSVP here.
February 10, 2024
- 10am – 7pm Open House: The gallery will be open to the public to view the current art exhibition and design vignettes
February 11, 2024
- 11am – 5pm Open House: The gallery will be open to the public to view the current art exhibition and design vignettes.
- 11am – 2:30pm One-on-One Design Consultations: This is a chance for designers to provide personalized design consultations and connect directly with potential clients. This event has a fee to participate: get tickets here.
About World Design Capital San Diego/Tijuana 2024
From the website: “The World Design Capital® programme promotes and encourages the use of design to further the economic, social, cultural, and environmental development of the world’s cities. Designated every two years, World Design Capital (WDC) is a year-long promotion programme to showcase the accomplishments of cities that are effectively leveraging design to improve the lives of their citizens.”
“As the first binational designation in the WDC programme history, San Diego (USA) and Tijuana (Mexico) have been named World Design Capital® 2024 as a result of their commitment to human-centred design and legacy of cross-border collaboration… Set between mountains to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west, these sister cities are situated across the busiest land border in the Western Hemisphere that see some fifty million people annually. The region represents an important transit hub and global market rife with opportunity for innovation, transformation, activation and imagination.”
Being recognized as an Initiative within the WDC 2024 Community Program is a prestigious recognition and serves as a symbol of acknowledgment of the value our initiative brings to our community. We’re eager to contribute to WDC 2024’s mission to reimagine, celebrate, transform, and enhance our region through the lens of design. We’re ready for 2024. The year to design a better future starts NOW.