Celebrate With Us
A Unique Event Venue in San Diego
530 Sixth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Sparks Gallery is a beautiful event venue located in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter. Housed within the historic Sterling Hardware Building, the interior has high ceilings, exposed red brick walls, vintage wood floors, and is adorned with Contemporary Art by Southern California artists. The venue is within walking distance from the San Diego Convention Center, making it the perfect event space to host your next corporate event, celebration, fundraiser, trade show, or San Diego Comic Con Activation. We work with any event vendor. Please inquire for artistic activations by local artists to engage your guests in a creative and interactive experience.
Event Rental Inquiry
Sparks Event Rental Inquiry
Please fill out the below to send us more information about your event. We will contact you as soon as possible.
"*" indicates required fields
Event Venue Features
Seated capacity up to 100 guests, but cocktail and standing can accommodate up to 350 on a rolling basis.
Daily and Long-Term Rates Available
See our Bespoke Events page for a custom proposal.
Easy approval process to use your own vendors, or connect with our approved vendors who know the event space inside and out.
DIY or Bespoke Services
Let us suggest options and vendors, or let your creativity shine. We are here to help you create a beautiful and successful event.
Book something artistic and unconventional for your event to activate the space and impress guests.
WHAT TYPE OF EVENT ARE YOU PLANNING?
Looking for a corporate event venue in San Diego, California? Our location within walking distance to the San Diego Convention Center makes us the perfect solution for offsite networking events, workshops, or corporate training sessions.
Looking to hold a fundraiser for your non-profit organization in San Diego? Our elegant event space provides the perfect backdrop for a successful fundraising event. Special nonprofit rates are available.
Whether you are celebrating with a birthday party, baby shower, or an intimate wedding, Sparks Gallery is a beautiful space to inspire your next social occasion.
Our close proximity to the San Diego Convention center makes our event venue perfect for a professional trade show in a unique setting.
Looking for a romantic space for your wedding proposal? Shooting a video or taking photographs for a client? Seeking a full takeover, or a planning an activation for San Diego Comic Con? We are here to customize an event specially tailored to your needs.
Award-Winning Event Space
- Building max capacity: 348 occupants (320 recommended for max guest count for a standing reception) / Seated Dinner Capacity: 60 Guests together in front of gallery / 100-120 guests seated throughout gallery
- Street level access and views of 6th Ave in the Gaslamp
- 4500 square foot ground floor
- 1500 square foot mezzanine
- 500 square foot exterior patio
- New ADA-accessible second story mezzanine level (lift) and accessible men & women’s restrooms
- Central kitchen with ADA-compliant refrigerator, warming drawers, sink, ice maker, freezer, dish washer, & microwave
- Temperature controlled with a/c
- High speed internet available upon request for purchase
- Local contemporary artwork on walls
- Gallery furniture
- Sound system
- Gallery Event Coordinator
- Event Security
- 1920’s period design: vintage light fixtures, fire-escape railing style, historic paint colors, and restored original maple floorboards
- Outside catering available – learn about our approved vendors or pre-approve your vendor
- “Clean & Safe” Gaslamp Program Downtown
As Seen On
“Beautiful space, fantastic staff.” -Rita D.
“Fantastic experience all the way through everyone we interacted with during this process was nothing but extremely helpful! Thanks for providing such a fantastic space for our event.” -Robert O.
“Very smooth booking service, quick email response and friendly service from start ’til the end.” -Hokyung K.
“Thanks for your extraordinary support!” -Michael W.
“We received great feedback from our attendees.” -Jill F.
“We loved the space and so did our patrons attending the event. We will be using the gallery again next year for our event and hopefully the years to come! Everything was seamless and the Gallery is beautiful! It’s a perfect fit for us and we are so grateful for the partnership we have with you.” -Katie M.
“We loved the venue for its atmosphere, space, set up options and location.” -Martina P
WIFI Option (Additional Cost)
Beverage Services (Additional Cost)
Jump in Virtually
All The Details
Would you like to see our San Diego event venue in person? Do you have questions about setup, pricing, rentals, or catering? We are here to help.
More About Our Event Venue
Our event venue in San Diego is a beautiful textural space located downtown in the Gaslamp Quarter. Housed within the historic Sterling Hardware Building, the 4500 square foot interior has high ceilings, exposed red brick walls, and vintage wood floors. The large storefront windows allow natural light to flow into the space and produce warm tones throughout. The artwork on view is available to be licensed for commercial usage, as well as private. The 500 square foot urban patio outside showcases a large geometric mural by Monty Montgomery. We look forward to creating lasting memories for your special occasion, whether you are just visiting San Diego, or live here in the city.
- GuruShots Photo Exhibition at Sparks Gallery
- Comic Con 2022 / Chuck Jones x Sparks
- Dali Dinner: Sparks Gallery Three-Year Anniversary