We are pleased to welcome you to the historic Sterling Hardware Building in the San Diego Gaslamp Quarter. Sparks Gallery is a unique San Diego event venue, available for private and corporate events, as well as wedding receptions. The Gallery features Southern California artists.
- Building max capacity: 348 occupants (320 recommended for max guest count for a standing reception) / Seated Dinner Capacity: 60 Guests together in front of gallery / 100-120 guests seated throughout gallery
- Street level access and views of 6th Ave in the Gaslamp
- 4500 square foot ground floor
- 1500 square foot mezzanine
- 500 square foot exterior patio
- New ADA-accessible second story mezzanine level (lift) and accessible men & women’s restrooms
- Central kitchen with ADA-compliant refrigerator, warming drawers, sink, ice maker, freezer, dish washer, & microwave
- Temperature controlled with a/c
- High speed internet available upon request for purchase
- Local contemporary artwork on walls; couches
- Cocktail tables: 6x metal hand-forged, wood-topped belly tables plus 2x rolling coffee tables, plus approx 19 chairs for use
- Sound system
- Gallery Event Coordinator
- Event Security
- 1920’s period design: vintage light fixtures, fire-escape railing style, historic paint colors, and restored original maple floorboards
- Outside catering available – learn about our approved vendors or pre-approve your vendor
- “Clean & Safe” Gaslamp Program Downtown
- Paid Street Parking and Lot Parking
(Park it On Market and 6th&K Parkade recommended)
- The Gallery is easily reachable by bus or trolley (Park & Market Stop on the Orange Line)
- Inexpensive metered street parking is available but is limited
- Valet parking – a company must be hired for private event valet services, or look for valet set-ups placed along the Gaslamp main streets and pull into their loading zones for service. Pricing and hours vary significantly. Note the time that the valet operation closes and instructions for late retrieval before you leave the vehicle.
- The Gaslamp Quarter has a program called “Clean & Safe” that is not affiliated with the Sparks Gallery, but offers service within the Gaslamp Quarter. If for any reason, a guest feels unsafe walking to their vehicle, they may call Clean & Safe and a representative will escort them to their destination. They will also clean or remove trash on the outside of the building or guide away unwanted individuals. (They are unable, to remove anyone from inside the premises). Call for service: (619) 234 – 8900.
- Specific rules and regulations will be provided in the Event Rental Contract provided by the Gallery at the time of booking.
- Full Service Catering including food, beverage, rentals and décor – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Wild Thyme Company – thewildthymecompany.com
- A MIHO Experience / Barçon Cocktail Co. – amihoexperience.com
- Snake Oil Cocktail Co – snakeoilcocktail.com
- The Rose Wines – email@example.com
- Brothers Signature Catering – brotherssce.com
- EcoCaters – ecocaters.com
- Cafe 21 – cafe-21.com
- Omni Event Security – omnisecurityservice.com (858) 514-8895
- Adorations Botanical Artistry – adorations.com
- Hostess Haven – hostesshaven.com
- Raphael’s Party Rentals – raphaels.com
- Furnishings: AFR Event Furnishings – afrevents.com
- Jim Garry – firstname.lastname@example.org / 619.318.7410
- K&K Insurance – kandkinsurance.com (800) 637-4757; Emily at x 5048
Insurance from K&K or your own provider is required for all events.
All other vendors must be approved in advance by the Sparks Gallery and are not included in venue rental price.